Electronic marketing comprises the internet, technology, smartphones, and other latest digital technology. E-marketing has become necessary for all types of businesses and companies because of the technological era in which we are living. Today, we’ll discuss what is electronic marketing; its various types, pros and cons, and examples.
What is Electronic Marketing?
You are familiar with the terms like online marketing, internet marketing, digital marketing, and web marketing; many experts use them synonymously for e-marketing. You can say electronic marketing means marketing and promotion of your business and product online and over the internet, social media, smartphones, and other electronic devices.
Businesses employ various media channels and other technologies to connect with their customers, but e-marketing plays significant for their strategy. However, wireless and email marketing also falls under this category. It is highly important for the marketing strategies of the companies that are running their business over digital media platforms.
Benefits and Features of Electronic Marketing
Some of the key benefits and features of electronic marketing are as follows;
If you compare the cost with billboards, TV, radio ads, and other traditional media channels, then the e-market approach is highly inexpensive. It helps you to reach a mass audience with very limited resources.
The most important benefit of an online marketing campaign is that it attracts the attention of target customers. They would love to participate in the videos, polls, surveys, comments, and questionnaires, and ultimately it would increase the return on investment.
Round the Clock Available
The thing I love about e-marketing is that it works round the clock, 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. Once you have launched it, then it would keep on working, and it doesn’t matter whether you are sick, not working, or busy with some other task.
If you precisely target your customer market, analyze them well, understand their needs and wishes, and offer them whatever they want, it would lower the failure rate to a great extent.
Types of Electronic Marketing
Some of the main types of electronic marketing are as follows;
Affiliate marketing is the method of marketing and promoting particular types of products and services on your platform and earning a commission from the sponsor for every sale.
It is a form of content marketing that allows you to provide valuable information to the target customers and promote through your content. You have to study trends and find out what people are searching for in the searches. Content marketing is a continuous process and you need to provide valuable content to your target audience.
Moving objects and visual marketing is a great way to attract the attention of customers by showing them video shots of your product and service. However, video marketing is highly effective and it allows you to attract the attention of a mass audience.
Social Media Marketing
It comprises marketing and promotion of your content on social media platforms like YouTube, Google, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and TikTok. Social media marketing allows you to spread brand awareness and product awareness.
Email marketing is highly efficient and effective in approaching a large database of customers. Approaching customers and informing them about your product or service is not only inexpensive but also efficient.
Some of the other types are as follows;
- Content Marketing
Advantages of Electronic Marketing
Some of the key advantages of electronic marketing are as follows;
- Immediate Response: running an e-market approach helps you to get immediate results, and you don’t have to wait long for the results. For instance, if your content goes viral, then you would get a result overnight.
- Cost Effective: compared to other forms of traditional market approaches, online marketing is highly cost-efficient and it allows you to achieve maximum results under a limited budget
- Limited Risk: businesses don’t have to lose anything because the cost is lower, and they would get immediate results
- Collecting Data: along with getting immediate results, online marketing offers you access to valuable customers and other key metrics. Companies could utilize the customer data for various purposes
- Engaging: one of the key benefits of the web market approach is that it is highly engaging, and it allows customers to share their feedback, comments, and reviews about the product or service
- Personalized Marketing: online market strategy is the first step towards personalization because companies would focus on developing the same product or services whatever customers are looking for
- High Exposure: when your product goes viral, then it offers you a great exposure
- Accessible: the interesting thing about online marketing is that you can access it from everyone across the world, and there is no time restriction to it
Disadvantages of Electronic Marketing
Some of the main disadvantages of electronic marketing are as follows;
- Tech Reliance: without tech devices, the internet, and technology, your whole electronic market strategy would collapse
- Highly Competitive: once you take your online, then you would have to face competition from across the world. Launching is easy, but facing the competition and getting through it is difficult
- Security & Privacy Issues: many customers are cautious about sharing their personal information on any new platform, and it takes a lot of time for them to earn the trust and credibility in the market
- Price Competition: some customers are highly cautious about the retail price and some brands offer low prices to their customers due to the economies of scale
- Maintaining Cost: tech companies and businesses have invested a lot of resources in research and development in order to keep up with the pace of technology
Examples of Electronic Marketing
360 Degree Campaign
Companies run this campaign on both direct and indirect media channels and send their message. It helps customers to get to know the company by connecting with it on social media platforms. However, it doesn’t matter whatever media channel they use, it would be online and over the internet.
Samsung and Apple are the world’s leading smartphone brands and they both promote their latest models online. While doing so, they provide the list of features and price range of different variants for the customers.
Conclusion: What is Electronic Marketing? Types, Pros & Cons, Examples
After an in-depth study of what is electronic marketing; its various types, advantages, disadvantages, and examples; we have realized that e-marketing is highly significant for your business. If you are developing your online strategy, then you should keep in mind the abovementioned guidelines.
Ahsan Ali Shaw is an accomplished Business Writer, Analyst, and Public Speaker. Other than that, he’s a fun loving person.