Businesses and companies create marketing and advertisement goals while developing the marketing plan. It helps them to measure and evaluate their performance and improved KPIs. They all have the same objectives; business growth, revenue increment, and brand awareness. Today, we’ll discuss what are marketing goals, their significance, top marketing goals, and some of the tips for building them.
Significance of Marketing Goals
When a company develops marketing and advertisement goals, then it offers vision, purpose, and direction. Setting measurable goals allow the company to know whether the marketing campaign was effective or not, and how it has made the impact on the customer engagement, performance, and sale.
Most importantly, it offers a step-by-step guide to the marketing team to achieve its objectives in order to measure the company’s success. Resultantly, it amplifies the company’s growth and revenue.
Top Marketing Goals
The question is that what are marketing goals? The factors you have to keep in mind while developing marketing goals like what you’re trying to achieve or improve, products/services of the company, and different industries. Some of the main marketing goals are as follows;
High Conversion Rate
The conversion rate of any store is when the potential customers actually purchase your product/service while visiting it. You can increase the conversion rate by following ways;
- Guaranteeing customer satisfaction and money-back option if product/service doesn’t work
- Easy-to-use website and user friendly
- Offering customer support and live chat option
- Well-written CTAs (call to action) message
- Reviewing the website and including testimonials
- Creating targeted content
You can find out the total conversion rate by total website visitors with the number of sales. The conversion rate helps you to know whether the company is reaching its goals or not.
Social Media Presence
Social media platforms are a very good place to spread brand awareness, educate people about the product, and engage with customers in order to generate leads. Some of the ways to increase your social media following and presence are as follows;
- Launching contests, trivia, and polls
- Using hashtags
- Using specific keywords to optimize your presence
- Creating interesting and quality content
- Engage with social media influencers and famous companies
- Connecting with social media followers frequently
If you want to measure your growth rate on social media, then you should check the user engagement rate and the total activity of followers. You should search the similar types of posts on others platforms that have increased user engagement and following.
SEO is a very good marketing tool to amplify brand awareness and website traffic. The only way it would happen is if you develop the content SEO wise and it would reach more people. Some of the SEO techniques are;
- Fixing URL of various sites
- Link building
- SEO of your blog in the searches
- Effective Meta description
- Creating new and relevant web content
You also measure the performance of SEO content in order to check whether the content is appearing in the searches or not. It is in terms of keywords search, tracking web traffic, etc.
High Customer Value
Customer value is the perception of your target audience about your product or service relevant to the competitors. If they think that your product/service is offering them some value, then they would become repetitive customers, and refer it to others.
If you want to increase the customer value, then you should include the following things. Like discounts of new products, newsletter, educational material of the product, newsletter, exceptional customer service, competitive pricing, and high-quality product/service.
You can measure customer value level by evaluating their frequent purchase level, metrics, and customer habits. You should point out the content that has brought most sales in order to know the customer values.
Thought leaders could be the companies or influencers that people recognize and trust as the authority in a certain field. If people perceive you as the thought leader in the industry, then they consult you for your expertise, and that would increase the sale ultimately. Some of the ways to become a thought leader are as follows;
- Making your content visible on various platforms in the form of guest post/blog post
- Partnering up with other industry leaders through panel discussion and webinars
- Creating quality content that attracts the attention of customers
You can measure the growth of thought leaders by traffic, tracking webinars, etc.
Leads are the potential clients that could become the new actual customers. After recognizing the potential leads that could become actual customers, next you should ask for their personal information in order to email them the detailed product/service information. Some of the ways to generate leads are as follows;
- Target customer content
- Events and webinars
- Incentives, free samples, coupons, and promotions
- Engaging on social media
- Newsletters via emails
- Pop-up chats and web forms
You can measure the lead results by analyzing the marketing result whether the people have become actual customers or not. You should use revenue as an indicator to connect and track the sale of the marketing campaign.
One of the main goals of marketing is to increase brand awareness. The customers would think of the company’s product, whenever they need the product. Brand awareness is when customers are familiar with the product quality, image, and name of the company.
If the company’s brand creates a positive impression, then they would become repetitive customers. They would share marketing content and support the company’s mission statement. Branding serves as an excellent source of trust and confidence if the company proves itself as credible. Some of the ways to increase brand awareness are as follows;
- Referral programs
- Hosting contests
- Marketing and advertising
- Attending or sponsoring an event of the target audience
- Distributing free materials like templates, e-books, guides, videos, etc
- Posting on social media about the values and culture of the company
- Creating polls to connect with customers
- And posting interesting content
You can measure the result of brand awareness by checking the blog traffic, user engagement, social media traffic, metrics, and goal achievements.
Tips for Building Marketing Goals
Some of the professional tips and suggestions for building marketing goals are as follows;
- Evaluating the results of marketing targets annually, quarterly monthly, and weekly in order to measure performance and analyze data, so that you could make adjustments
- You should set KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Creating short and long term goals in order to motivate your team and make them feel like they’re constantly achieving their goals
- Use statistical and historical data to evaluate the performance
- You should set measurable goals to check whether your efforts have been successful or not
- Make sure that there should be a link between marketing goals and strategic goals
Conclusion: What are Marketing Goals?
After an in-depth study of what are marketing goals, we’ve realized that marketing and advertisement goals play a significant role in the growth of the company. If you’re developing the marketing objectives of your company, then follow the abovementioned goals and suggestions.
Ahsan Ali Shaw is an accomplished Business Writer, Analyst, and Public Speaker. Other than that, he’s a fun loving person.